I discovered that it would cost me $40 to print off the 'Lent For Children' in colour (above book) and so I got it printed off in black/white instead for $10. Sadly though it came out so dark, when it shouldn't have. I will print it off in colour next year though as I can see us using this for many years to come justifying the cost.
We ended up going with the sacrifice beans. It has been working well for us, though I'm not sure that the number of beans in the jar represents... the real number of sacrifices ;) I think someone has been popping in
lots a few extra.
Our dining table display. I meant to put thorns... but still haven't gotten around to it.
I couldn't take a front on shot of this otherwise the laminate is too shiny and you can't see anything. From where we sit to pray the rosary from it's fine. I printed up the Sorrowful mysteries of the Rosary for contemplation during Lent.
I'm still not quite satisfied with my bulletin board, but I'm getting there. The calendar pieces are from here.
Our Saints of the Passion poster display. I really like this, we must do it for Easter and Christmas too. The bible quotes are actually on purple paper, it's just looking blue.
Our Lady of Sorrows is in the middle with St. Veronica, St. Mary Magdalen, St. Joseph of Arimathea, and St. Longinus surrounding. I may add some more. There are many more that could be added, St. John being one. We'll see if I get around to it. Otherwise next year.
These are A3 size. The calendar on the right which I usually print off one each for the children has worked much better as a 'larger one for all to take turns colouring'. The black and green days were Ds6 taking his turn. The calendar on the left is too pretty to mark. It's good for seeing who the saint of the day is and what is coming up.
Here's our (March) Lent home altar with a poster of the Annunciation, a lovely one of St. Joseph and the child Jesus holding a cross, which I thought was suited to Lent, and lastly a picture of The Holy Face of Jesus. I tried to find some fake pussy willows at the shops, but couldn't find any and so I used this Aussie version of the pussy willow ;) dried branches that I had left from our Christmas flowers.
I haven't managed to get an outdoor cross up yet. It seems we don't have our old one any more since our move. Hoping we still might be able to make one before Holy Week.
I made a wreath for the front door. But it doesn't look so good. That will be a project for another Lent I think :)