2. Ds7 is now four months old. A day after I last wrote he began 'batting'. What a treasured moment the first time they look up at your face and up pops their little hand to touch your face. Now we have to be careful as he has started reaching out to grab things. I always remember being caught unaware with DD1 when she was this age. We were at a mothers group drinking tea and she reached out and grabbed my cup. Fortunately my tea wasn't very hot.
He has being rolling front to back for a few weeks, but is on the brink of rolling from back to front.
He is very strong with his arms and legs and has even surprised us by pulling up his knees under himself when laying on his tummy on the mat. Will he be an early crawler?
He has changed his 'talking' from 'coo coo's' to 'mum' type sounds. He laughed at one of the children the other week when they did something 'funny'.
He is sick for the second time in a month. The first time he had a runny nose, but the second time, which he is almost over now, he had three nights of fever followed by an ear infection, and now a snuffly nose. I've been holding him all day practically for almost a week, poor little fellow. I feel like I need a week of good sleep to get my energy back.
3. We saw a Peregrine Falcon in a tree near our house. We all wished we had a different lens so we could take closer shots, but here's what we took:
3. We haven't had the most focused Lent, I'm planning to talk with everyone tonight to make the most of the remaining time. I will write us out a plan to guide us from Palm Sunday through Easter, to keep us on track. I really love this sermon from Audio Sancto. Father gives some of the most useful advice, that I've ever come across, on how to battle against your faults.
We had green iced cup-cakes for St. Patrick's day. I managed to get a copy of 'Song of the Swallows' by Leo Politi, which arrived the day before St. Joseph's day. It is a definite favorite. St. Benedict's being on a Friday we just listened to a story about him. For the Annunciation we had the pleasure of having friends around for lunch, and we had cupcakes (I'm finding cup-cakes the easy thing to do at the moment with Ds7 being so young. Nice and easy, plus no cutting up cake.) I had a craft planned, but my printer ran out of ink.
4. Here are pictures of our new altar.
5. Some iphone pics:
Another interesting shot.
6. Pics of those Christening dresses I found:
7. Things are not going as hoped for with soccer so far. I knew that a 6pm finish for training would be likely, especially for Ds2, but he finishes at 6.30pm and Ds2 6.45pm! This is way too late for me. Dh can't help me because of his rolling shift-work. I don't like being out that late with such a small baby during winter, and both these boys are asthmatics so I don't really like the idea of them out in the dark and cold at night either. We may need to re-think our commitment to the season.
8. We have almost found a place for everything and have done most of our de-clutter. The weekend will be spent giving the house a whole tidy, ready for Holy Week and Easter.
9. We are hoping to start working on our Aviary soon, and also a big rabbit hutch. We are in the process of drawing up plans. I would really like to get a large corrugated iron planter soon too so we can start growing vege's. Sadly the beans I planted, for science, did not grow. I think they must've been too old.
10. Oh, and I can't forget. Dd3 and Ds4 will be having their First Holy Communion on Good Shepherd Sunday.
11. Lastly, I bought an exercise bike. I will use it, I really will....lol