November Daybook

Outside my window...

Another beautiful sunny day!  You can really feel summer is on its way now.  35 degrees C today (95 deg F).  I love how I can get so much washing dry in this type of weather.  I love the early morning in summer, the sound of cicada's and doves cooing during the day.  The excitement of Christmas on its way.  We must get our tomato seedlings planted out this week so they can get growing.  We have been waiting for a stomach bug to pass so we can get onto it.  

The roses we transplanted to our front garden are in bloom and loving their new location.  So lovely to have flowers in the garden again.  We hope to buy more roses soon.

I am thankful...

That this stomach bug seems to have passed.  We have hardly had a break from illness since returning from vacation to Jakarta.  First we had bronchitis, then what must be the slowest but surest moving tummy bug we've ever had.  It was like the children were playing tag.  First one, sick for 3-4 days, then the next for the same, and so on.  Only three of us, including me seem to have escaped it.  We are hoping for a return to health that lasts for a good long while now.

Also thankful for my Grandad's doing well through two operations and chemo this week.  Hope to see him soon!  

Learning all the time...

The boys have started basketball and are loving it.  This is a totally new sport for us so there is lots new to learn.  We are hoping to go to our first Wildcats game sometime soon.  



Celebrating the liturgical year...

I'm hoping to get my plans together this week for Advent/Christmas and hope to post them soon.

We are also celebrating the anniversary of Dd1 and Ds2's confirmation today and were blessed to be able to venerate a relic of St. Cecilia whose feast it is today, the 22nd on November, after Mass.

From the kitchen... 

Ummm.  Chicken soup, chicken porridge.  Time for something a little more interesting.  Looking forward to summer salads.

Hang on a minute.  Found a picture of a cake.  Can't even remember what it was for?!  But this post is lacking in photo's so here goes.



I am working... 

On revolutionizing our home organisation.  A totally simple thing clobbered me over the head the other week.  You do not need to clean what you don't have...  Okay, so no ones going to be blown away by that right.  But it's funny how something you've know for ages can kinda sink in in a new way sometimes.  It hit me first over the dishes.  I thought, 'if we only have 9 plates, we never have to wash more than 9 plates!'.  Then it was like fireworks.  If we only have this much clothing, if we only have this many books, toys, furniture, paper piles...  So in the midst of a disaster zone a.k.a. the tummy bug, I have been cleaning like a crazy thing.  

I am creating...

I've got lots of things I'm working on.  A Rosary flipbook for one, but I would like to look into what kind of program would be best for the idea's I have.  My idea's outstrip my ability, so I guess at some point this is going to involve some study.

I am going...

On holiday again! Trying to arrange a trip to Albany at Christmas time.  

I am hoping...

To finish blogging about our trip to Jakarta soon.  Did I mention that I have 3500 photo's to go through!!  I am overwhelmed!

Also hoping that we just might not get sick anytime soon again!

I am praying...

For my Granddad.  He's been diagnosed with bladder cancer.  It is quite advanced.  He had to have an operation for that this week which then turned into chemo upon discovering how advanced it is and to having a pacemaker fitted as his heart wasn't coping too well.  

I am reading…

I haven't been doing a whole lot of reading.  It's in my mind that Advent starts this week and I would really like to start Divine Intimacy from the beginning and keep up with reading it daily for the year.  It sort of feels like trying to laso a wild horse as it gallops by though.  If I miss, I'll be running to catch up to it.

Pondering these words…

I've been contemplating what is means to have a rule of life.  Thinking about the rules I need to start following in my vocation as wife and mother, and working on a list.  Thinking about the wise words of a priest who told me, 'your work is your prayer (as a mother/wife)'.

I am listening…

To the hum of the air conditioner, a barking dog, a twenty eight parrot.  But mainly silence within the house as children rest.

Really enjoyed listening to this sermon on Clothing and modesty.  Well worth a listen.

Around the house...

Slowly slowly achieving some order and maintaining neatness.  I feel maybe in a weeks time I might have got this place decent enough for us to contemplate the art of hospitality again lol.

Things I want to remember...

Ds7 (almost two)  singing 'rain is pouring down' during Mass when there was the very rare occurrence of rain, rain loud enough to hear on the roof.   He knew just what that sound meant.  Time to sing an old favorite!

Ds7 pretending to be a baby.  In the next photo you can see him,though he appears to have a rather painful expression on his face, actually being a sweet sleeping baby lol.  








Comments

  1. So great to hear what's happening, Sharyn! Sad about the tummy bug and your grandfather, excited about the basketball, roses and tomatoes. Have fun with the clearing out - if you're like me it will be a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it has been just great clearing everything out. So much more room to move, and less is equalling a little less cleaning, can't beat that ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts