On the Feast of St. Valentine 2015 - Strawberry Hazelnut Gateau

I hadn't planned to post anything for the feast of St. Valentine.  It was such a busy day, the most I managed to do was to bake a cake in the evening.  But then Dd1 took such a beautifully composed photo with the iPhone that I just had to share.


One look at this photo and I realised that the photography composition class I was planning had apparently already been done.  And the cake, it's a Strawberry Hazelnut Gateau (gluten free).  I saw a similar recipe while browsing for cakes for the feast of St. Valentine's and it reminded me of this recipe that my mum had baked for us as kids.  I was so pleased to find the same recipe on-line, and it certainly lived up to my memory of it.  To give you some idea of just how yummy it was every single child felt it necessary to tell me that it had to be 'the cake' for their next birthday ;) 

Comments

  1. Mmmmm! Looks fabulous, Sharyn! Thanks for sharing the recipe - I have clipped it to Evernote in my Recipes To Try folder...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts