11.11 Meme

 I've been tagged by Erin of Seven Little Australians and Counting
for a meme, many thanks Erin for helping this introvert share a little about herself ;)
Sadly it will end with me as I'm such a recluse that there are no 11 other people to send this to.



 
 11 Random facts about me

1.  I will be 40 this year! 

2. I'm computer illiterate.  I just press what seems to be the right buttons and hope all works out for the best. 

3. I'm a paper person.  I've tried the whole 'on the ipad' type organisation but much prefer the old fashioned method.

4.  I'm also a book person.  The first place I go when I'm meant to be clothes shopping at the second hand store is the book section.  We often come out with more books than clothes. 

5.  I'm just plain old fashioned.  I love vintage/antiques, particularly from the Victorian, Edwardian periods.  

6.  I did a year of photography at college.  It was back in the old days too lol before digital.  I wish I had kept it up.  I've taken the interest back up recently but have much to learn, not to mention there is the computer side that will keep me busy if I can ever find the time for it.

7.  I am interested in self sufficiency.  To that end I'm currently trying to learn how not to kill vegetables.    

8.  I used to ride horses when I was young.  My favorite childhood movie was The Black Stallion.  This is probably still my favorite movie.  My favorite book series was Elyne Mitchell's Silver Brumby series.

9.  I am originally from a country town.  We moved up to the city for my teen years.  While I enjoy the benefits of living in a big city I long for the country life again.

10.  I'm a cold weather girl, I don't handle the heat very well.  I have yet to see snow though.

11.  I love the ocean, walking along the beach, and I love a nautical theme for a boys room or bathroom, but I don't like swimming in the ocean and don't ask me to go on a boat either.  It's not that I don't like sailing, I just don't like deep water and swimming with the beasties that reside there. Trauma from my youth I think.
 

And now to Erin's questions:

1. What would you prefer; to parachute out of a plane or to bungee jump?

Um... neither.  I can't even walk across the bridge at Kings Park.


2. What would be your ideal holiday destination?


I would love to travel to many places around the world.  But I've always wanted to see Ireland and Scotland where my family originally came from.

3. What talent would you choose if you could; to be an accomplished writer or to be an accomplished vocalist? 

The accomplished vocalist.  I would like to get a teacher for us soon so we can learn.

4. What is your favourite movie genre?

I love to watch a good family movie, all cosied up on the couch with the kids.  I'm also partial to a clever spooky/thriller type movie cosied up to Dh ;)

5. What is your favourite genre of books?

When I was young I liked Agatha Christie novels.  Now I tend to read spiritual books mostly.  I find it hard to get the time to read so I keep to what I most need.  I'm trying to get better time management happening so I can start reading through the classics.  I think I'll start with the children's classics that I have not yet read.   
 
6. Do your prefer books in hardcover or softcover?

For novels, softcover.  Usually I'll opt for hardcover for everything else excepting if my budget dictates otherwise.




7. Do you have any siblings and if so where are you in the birth order?

Three sisters and one brother.  I am the eldest.



8. Have you ever traveled overseas and if so where?

Bali and Java,  Indonesia.   My husband is Indonesian.


9. What is a quirk you possess?  Come on we all have one


I have a thing for baby blankets.  If I spot a nice one in the second hand store I have to buy it.  Same goes for christening dresses.  I just bought four a couple of days ago while op shopping, that date from the 70's I'd say.  Cute little girl dresses.  Just don't tell my husband ;)  I hid them lol where he won't see them.  



10. If you won Lottery, say a million+ what would you do with your winnings?

Buy a great big piece of land and build our own farm.  First though we might travel about to find a nice place where you could do all that and have some change from your 1 mill. Everything is so expensive here.


11. What's your idea of a romantic date?

A holiday away, meals, laughter, good times.  We recently were able to go off and have a meal by ourselves, for the first time in 13 years!  It was lovely, we had a great time.

Comments

  1. Loved learning more about you, and we have a few things in common:) Also enjoyed your answers to my questions, no 9 bought a smile:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! As for no. 9 I hope to post some pics soon ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sharyn! How good to have found you online - thank-you for commenting on my blog, which enabled me to do so.

    In response to your comment: I catalogued all my (real life) books mid 2013 and have made an effort to read some of the books I wasn't sure about whether or not to keep. There are so many I have not yet read on my shelves. Disgraceful.

    I tend to read whenever feeding a baby. Which in the dark, will be on my tablet. I did finish this book a few months ago, I just never got around to writing down the pages I'd tabbed, until yesterday as I try very hard to get my life in order before hopefully another baby this year.

    I really enjoyed learning more about you in this post. Your answers to #9 were most amusing. Lets hope #8 is a girl, and that you have a bunch of granddaughters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di, Good to have found you too :)

      There are heaps on my shelves I've yet to read too. I've just started a book that has been sitting on my shelves this last 10 years. I'm determined to finish it. I also have a few I'm going to read through quickly to see if they are keepers. I've managed to slim my library down by a few boxes so far.

      I had to give up reading on my ipad, it was causing me vision problems while pregnant that I haven't been able to check if I still have as the screen has broken now too. Audio books may be the way for me to go.

      As for the dresses, yes I do hope to be able to find some little girls in the future whom they will be just right for :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts