Goals for 2014

Having had a baby less than a month ago thoughts of goals for the New Year have been difficult to focus on.   Where did Christmas and the New Year  go???  But having a plan is more necessary than ever with there now being 9 of us.  I have very definite things I want to aim for and know clearly the value of achieving them, whilst accepting my limitations and trusting in God to help me do the needful things.

Goals 2014


  • Obedience to God's will.  I will be thinking much on this.
  • Pray the rosary and read my Bible more often.
  • Help my children develop their prayer lives.
  • Find ways each day to show my husband and each of my children how much I love them.
  • Make some small sacrifices each day and to offer this up for my family's holiness.
  • Live by faith and with hope.  To radiate a contentedness, a happiness with my vocation.  To go about my day being truly present to those around me, not as someone crossing off a to-do list.  If I'm going to be an inspiration as a mother I need to be inspirational. 
  • To do the harder thing.
  • To develop our family's sense of the need to think of others both in our own family and outside of it.
  • On the same note for our family focus to be weighted in preference of what we can do, how we can be of service to others, rather than on what we can buy next, have next.
  • Read, read, read to the children to help develop their moral imagination.
  • To keep working on making a homely home.
  • Get back to daily cleaning standards, if these are done the days work will be considered complete.
  • Build further those things that make the liturgical year alive in our home.  
  • Develop skills in photography and cake decorating.  
  • Record our families year through my blog.
  • Increase our family fitness.  For me to get my tummy muscles into good shape.
  • Work on healthier eating habits.  
  • Grow some of our own veggies.
  • Start composting
  • Build a bird aviary, wooden toy oven, and wooden cubby house.
  • Start a native Australian garden?  Not sure on this one.  We will have to wait and see if I have the time for it.  
  • Look into beading/jewelry making for Dd1

My reading list Jan/Feb 
  • 10 Gifts of Wisdom by Sally Clarkson
  • Laying Down the Rails by Sonya Shafer
  • Citadel of God by Louis de Wohl
Family reading list  
          I would like the eldest two to read some of these books to us to develop their skills of reading to          others.
  • The Children's Bible (Golden Press) - Old Testament
  • Ignatius Bible RSV-CE  - Matthew
  • My Book House Vol. 10
  • Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends by Sarah, Stephen, and Grace Mally
  • Wisdom and the Millers by Mildred A. Martin
  • Peter and Paul, the rock and the sword by Blanche Jennings Thompson
  • Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I'd also like to listen to at least one sermon by Audio Sancto with Dd1 each week for us to discuss.  







Comments

  1. Some fantastic goals here!! many of them dear to my heart too! Highly recommend Citadel fo God btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Citadel. I'd love to chat to you about how you fit all this in and then also that which the moderator wishes in more 'normal' subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Citadel is all I have read so far, I've got a week to finish the rest lol.

      Do come and visit, I should love to catch up with you soon :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts